The mission of the Institute for Slovenian Studies of Victoria is:
– Promotion, establishment and maintenance of Slovenian language and culture, principally through the medium of technology assisted learning, to benefit the descendants of Slovenian immigrants
– Development of the web node www.thezaurus.com as a vehicle for the study of Slovenian language, culture and the arts
– Presentation of Slovenia and Slovenian culture to the broader English-speaking world community.
The institute fulfills its aims by initiating and directing activities and projects in the areas of Slovenian language, culture and the arts. There are three main and interconnected areas of activity.
– Teaching and course development of Slovenian language and culture within the framework of the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA)
– Cultural projects and activities
– Web site thezaurus.com – Slovenian language and cultural archives